Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

CD/DVD Drive disappears-use scan for hardware changes and it reappears?

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 09-02-2007

CD/DVD Drive disappears-use scan for hardware changes and it reappears?

I have Windows Vista installed on my computer. After installing it everytime my CD/DVD drive disappears in the explorer. To make it appear it again, I always have to go into device manager and then click on hardware changes and after that it finally shows up in explorer and starts to work fine. How do i solve this problem, please help.

Old 10-02-2007

Re: CD/DVD Drive disappears-use scan for hardware changes and it reappears?

Even i am facing this issue and i am really getting irritated with it. I have even checked that there are many others who have this specific kind of problems where the dvd drive stops working at a specific period of time. I have also tried the upper and lower filter solution listed on the microsoft site but that does nothing to get back the drive. I have also not found any certain drivers for the drive that i have.
Old 10-11-2009

Even mine does the same by disappearing randomly from my computer. There are many public who have told to reinstall driver for the dvd drive but when i try to do it, then Vista reports that the right driver are already installed for it. I have also ignored it and tried to install the drivers but still the drive doesnt gets listed. But one thing that i have not done till yet is the scanning for hardware changes. I hope that it will work for me as well.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,