Thread: Audio drivers for Intel Sigmatel onboard audio

Audio drivers for Intel Sigmatel onboard audio

I own a new Gateway laptop with Sigmatel audio on it. It has a intel board. I had checked and in the system specification. Now I had upgraded to Vista and lost all the drivers. I thought Vista has some internal driver directory which might have everything that I need. But that case of different. I am trying to locate the right drivers that can allow me to run audio files but things are worst here. I tried to visit intel website also, but not able to find the proper drivers. I am bit stuck with the process.

That is a common bug. You must have located the drivers before formatting it. Because once you format the system you even loose the older drivers and it makes your work more complicated. Windows XP is best according to me in terms of drivers. Now there are two ways to locate proper driver. First you can try using Windows Update. That is done automatically through new hardware found wizard. And the second option is by finding the right chipset model you have and using it for locating the audio drive. Even Sigmatel offers you some of newest audio drivers for Vista separately.

It is right that you must have kept the audio drive backup. A number of time Windows XP drivers can be used in Vista also. You can run the setup on compatibility mode. So it is always better you must take the audio driver backup. Now the only option you have is to format your system back and install XP. Run the old drivers setup, go in Device Manager and right click on the audio device. Choose Properties > Drivers and backup them. This files can be essentially used in Vista also.

Cannot Hear sound in SONY VAIO VISTA after downgrading to XP

I am using SONY VAIO VGN-FE41S, it is using Intel Mobile Chipset 945PM and Sigmatel HD Audio. It originally came with WINDOWS VISTA...which sucks.....after downgrading it to Windows XP professional, I can no more hear sound coming out from my laptop. Where to find the drivers for SigmaTel for Intel Chipset 945PM that will run just fine on Windows XP.
    Please Help .