Thread: ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?

ATI Radeon 9200se Vista Compatible Drivers? ANYWHERE?

Many of you had understand what I am asking for. I am looking for ATI Radeon 9200se drivers for Windows Vista. I cannot found the same. I had upgraded my system to Vista and found that due to lack of drivers my system does not give a better display. I have to use it on minimum settings. The internal driver provided by Vista is of no use. I have additional 128mb GPU that I can use, but it is not detected by Vista. Does anyone knows from where I can download the same.

There is no driver available for Vista. The last driver that I found was only for Windows XP 32bit. You can try to use that driver, but there is very less chances that it will work. Somehow XP drivers are taken into account by Vista. But if that does not work then simply get back to Windows XP.

There might be a way by which you can try some other drivers. But as mentioned above, there is no Vista drivers available and XP driver too works, but that is in rare cases. That is the reason I had kept both the OS on my system. So that fee that I had paid for the OS is not wasted. There is nothing you can do here. Keep your video settings on default mode. That is on VGA/PCI.

It is better if you go for some kind of sensible upgrades. That means adding a better gpu on your system. That will be helpful for you in future also. You cannot simply rely on the onboard video memory which is quiet not enough. There are cheap video card that you can buy. If you own a laptop then you need to contact your manufacturer. He will guide you right from the upgrades.

That card that you are talking about is useless on Vista. Get a new one. I had did the same when I planned to upgrade my system to Vista. It is not worth to waste time in finding the proper drivers and other related information. It is clearly mentioned that there is no Vista compatible drivers available. Or simply if you do not want to add a gpu you can add more ram. As Vista needs higher ram to perform smoothly.

The only helpful thing that you can try is run Windows Update. First of all it is right that it is not at all better to waste time for such thing. If the official site has no Vista drivers updates then you cannot use it. It is better to go for a upgrade this time. The card that you are talking about is a bit low end. You can ask for a newer one and get better support for the same.