Thread: When display sleeps it forgets dual monitor setup?

When display sleeps it forgets dual monitor setup?

I have setup a dual monitor and when ever the display goes into sleep mode, then the dual monitor setup fails. I dont know why and how is this problem happening? Usually, i leave my machine for a while and then when i come back and wake it up then it always forgets the settings for the extended desktop setup with the dual monitor. How do I solve this problem, any ideas?

Re: When display sleeps it forgets dual monitor setup?

Could you please tell us which graphics card have you installed or using on your computer? What is the make or model of the monitors? Also, it would be good if you can post all the technical specifications of your computer hardware peripherals.

Re: When display sleeps it forgets dual monitor setup?

When i checked in Device Manager, then it said that I have a Dell Latitude D820 with NVIDIA Quadro NVS120M video card installed on my machine. I have a Samsung and a Viewsonic monitor and dont know which version of graphics driver I am using. No matter what display I am using, after when screen saver awake from sleep mode, then the display setup automatically changes itself. I was told by others to use a specific kind of drivers for this laptop but I am not able to find it anywhere.

I had a Toshiba laptop and had the same problem which I have now solved it pretty easily. I tried to switch the primary monitor to secondary and the secondry monitor to primary and then it worked for me. For doing the same, you have go into Display settings and then Advanced Settings >> Intel Graphic Media accelerator driver for Mobile >> Graphic Properties >> here simply reverse the settings under display selection. This way you wont be facing the problem anymore again.