Thread: ACPI error and "unkown device" in Device Manager

ACPI error and "unkown device" in Device Manager

It looks like that I had landed into tons of problem. There are series of unknown device listed in Vista. This all happen after performing some fresh updates. I am using a dual core processor in my system. It is a HP notebook. In Device Manager I am getting a ACPI error. I had checked Event Viewer where number of different problems were listed. I never thought that updating to Vista might generate this kind of problem.

That is due to some misplaced device. The devices that you had listed is associated with some co-processor. I hope you will be able to locate appropriate drivers or it will be wise enough to go back on Windows XP. If there are multi-cpu in your system you need a proper driver or simply a fresh driver update so that Vista can access them and use it. If all this stuff does not exist then you can face the common acpi error in your system.

Go to the official driver support website and get some fresh driver updates. There might be proper chipset drivers or latest bios update which might fix the issue. If you are not able to locate the same then kind of problems will be much more common.