Thread: Vertical scrolling...jumps rather than smooth scrolling - Excel 20

Vertical scrolling...jumps rather than smooth scrolling - Excel 20

I have Windows Vista on my computer and I have also installed the office 2007 suite on it. I am using the Microsoft Wireless Optical mouse with the latest Intellpoint 6.1 software installed on my pc for its support. Now, whenever I scroll vertically in MS Excel, then all of a sudden it jumps down 19 lines rather than a vertical scrolling going smoothnly. This never used to happen, but after unpgrading to Vista it started and there is no options that I can find to adjust the Intellipoint software. The same vertical scrolling works smoothly in Word, Internet Explorer and everywhere else. What should be done for this issue?

Even I am suffering from the same issue and if anyone finds any kind of solution then it will be great. I have Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 with me and this all started after I upgraded to Vista also. The same thing happens when I scroll down, it just jumps multiple lines instead of the smooth scrolling that is expected. I am really frustrated with this problem. So please share some solution for us.

Re: Vertical scrolling...jumps rather than smooth scrolling - Excel 20

You have to go in the Control Panel and adjust the mouse scrolling settings. Normally, I have found out that if you set it to slower then it will reduce the sixe of the jumps. But one thing is for sure that it slows down scrolling everywhere else, so you will have to do some compromise here. You can even try to set a faster scroll rate whenever you want to move the wheel faster and it will also solve the issue for you.