Thread: Acer OrbiCam is not working on Windows Vista

Acer OrbiCam is not working on Windows Vista

OrgiCam is not working on Acer 5600 after Vista Upgrades. I am trying to use Windows XP drivers but still there is no result. This works like charm in XP, but as upgraded to Vista, thing went into problem. I am not sure whether Acer officially provides any driver for OrbiCam but still need a bit help on the same.

Check Acer once. There would be some way available on the official site to use Orbicam. It is a Acer product I think. and there must be some way of using the same on Vista. I had found that it is possible to get the driver update from Windows Update.

The only way to get this thing worked is using Windows Update. I had tested Bison Webcam drivers to ensure that it might work, but that has cause more issues. So first if you had switched to Vista then give up using Orbicam. There is no way you can make it run. Just keep a eye on Windows Update. It will provide you some help if possible.

I tried to work with some unsigned drivers. But that did not helped much. The tool has some major compatibility problem with Windows Vista. And this fairly tested. I had seen some articles which says that Vista might give support to Windows XP drivers, but it is not completely true. There are tons of drivers I had checked but none of them worked. You only need to find Vista specific drivers. That is the only way this is going to work.