Thread: Unknown Device in Device Manager (both x86 and x64)

Unknown Device in Device Manager (both x86 and x64)

I have a dual boot system. At sone side I am using a 32bit edition of Windows while on the other I am using 64bit. When I check in Device Manager I can use unknown device listed. It in both Windows. I am not sure about the hardware something which was left to install. I checked the drivers disc and it looks all stuff is installed. Everything is working properly but due to some issue I am not able to identify what hardware it is. How can I find that.

Did you check the audio. Many time the sound chip is not installed due to invalid driver. There is no hardware explorer type stuff that is available which can tell us the list of installed thing in the system.

Most probably the unknown device that you are talking is some additional core processor which is not installed. So there are chances that you would need a good firmware driver or chipset upgrade. Check each and everything in your system. The audio, video, usb, card reader connectivity, etc. There are number of controllers on the motherboard which are not used and you can ignore the installation. For 64bit I will advice you to stay choosy with the drivers.