Thread: Vista Driver update for Acer Orbicam on Acer Aspire 5600 Notebook

Vista Driver update for Acer Orbicam on Acer Aspire 5600 Notebook

I am using Acer Aspire 5600 Notebook. I added Vista and my camera is not working. It is Acer Orbicam. I had upgraded it over Windows XP, so I can expect that Vista must install each and everything on its own. I used the laptop disc to run drive setup but nothing happened. The camera has yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. The status window says that there is no driver available for this camera. I need the driver download link for the same. Thanks.

You are just trying to install Vista. Did you checked before installing that does your system supports Vista or not. Does there was appropriate drivers available for the same. You had simply screwed up your system. Check the below link. It is the official driver download site of Acer 5600 laptop. There are no Vista drivers provided. You can try to use this old drivers. If you are lucky then it might work or else you will need to re-install Windows XP back again.

Aspire 5600 Windows XP Drivers Download

I had a similar problem with my Acer laptop Orbicam. Try removing all files from your "pictures" directory. This solved my issue.

re: Vista Driver update for Acer Orbicam on Acer Aspire 5600 Notebook

It is correct there is no Vista drivers available for that laptop. You can try to run the setup on compatibility mode. You can access that buy right clicking on the setup and choosing Properties. There is a compatibility mode settings available. If you are lucky enough then Vista will take the drivers. Or else it does not looks that all the hardware that you had mentioned might work.