Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Creative SB Live! Value (WDM) Sound card not working on Windows Vista

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 02-11-2006

Creative SB Live! Value (WDM) Sound card not working on Windows Vista

My system has Creative SB Live! Value (WDM) Sound card installed on my system. After upgrading to Windows Vista it stopped working. I installed Windows Vista RC1 on the same. I had wiped out Windows XP. I was having a disc with that card. When Vista was booted new hardware wizard appeared on the screen. It showed me a error that the hardware was not installed properly. It is the sound card. I need some help to find a proper driver for Vista only. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2006

I am too having the same issue. I visited the official support website where I found driver available only for Windows XP. Not drivers were listed for Windows Vista. The link that I found is below. Just check it. The first is for Windows XP x64. So this is a kind of clear indication that this device does not support Vista. And if your Vista is able to use XP drivers then there are chances of making this thing work. Try some Windows Update and check back.

Creative SoundBlaster Live Driver
Old 03-11-2006

I dropped out the idea of location drivers for this card. The best thing is I had dual boot my system. It is not at all worth to buy a new Vista disc which has this kind of driver problems. In Windows XP the drivers are installed automatically from the disc. It looks Creative is not interested in provided any kind of additional driver support for new edition of Windows.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , , ,