Thread: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio !

No sound on Asus P5GL-MX on Vista 64 bit

I have a Asus P5GL-MX motherboard. IT has integrated ADI AD1986A SoundMAX 6-channel audio chip. Before I was using Windows XP on the same. Then I upgraded that to Windows Vista and I am facing a issue with the audio device. It gives me error about High Definition Audio Device being un-installed or not detected. I am using the same XP driver on it. I had found that Vista supports Windows XP drivers. All other stuff is working except this sound driver. What should I do to fix this thing. Thanks.

Go on the official website and look for proper driver. You can find the same on Asus site. Check the below link. You can find a drop down box on the download section. From there download separate driver for Windows Vista. You will find very few download available on the same. Only the Windows XP option will allow you to find SoundMax AD1986A WHQL Audio Driver which is around 10MB. It looks this motherboard uses a common audio drivers for different Windows edition.

Asus P5GL-MX Motherboard Drivers

The driver you mentioned SoundMax AD1986A WHQL Audio Driver does not work on Vista. It looks this motherboard has no audio driver available for Vista. You might re-install Windows XP back or simply dual boot your system. Run Windows Update also. It will also offer you to locate a better drivers if available.