Thread: Asus P5L-MX audio driver for Vista x86

Asus P5L-MX audio driver for Vista x86

No audio on my new Vista system. The motherboard that I am using is Asus P5L-MX. I got a driver disc at the time of purchase. The same disc when I use on Windows XP it works well. There is no issue with any driver or stuff. But on Vista those are not working. Even though the driver looked that they are installed. I need some help to find the audio driver only. Because compared to that all other stuff is quiet working well.

The copy of Vista that I am using has support only for the video and the lan card. While other stuff does not look to be working. There is a yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager. The audio device is also missing. I tried to forcefully install Vista video drivers on the system, but they crash with bluescreen.

Saw the same thing

Just started working with a new computer and has the same board. It was suggested by my friend but he was not aware that this board does has Vista compatible drivers. I installed Vista Business and then came to know that my audio will not work on this thing. I checked in Device Manager, performed Windows Update and did number of things. But nothing worked out. I ordered a separate pci sound card which has Vista drivers available. And the same worked.
    Last edited by Raj; 04-10-2012 at 03:38 PM. Reason: added info

Re: Asus P5L-MX audio driver for Vista x86

Who said that there is no audio driver available for this board. You had not checked properly on the official website. I am providing you the official download link which offer you drivers for Vista 32 and 64bit as well. Go on the link below and click on Download. Then from the drop download menu click on Vista 32 bit. There is a Beta Version 6.10.1.6400 available. It is called as SoundMAX ADI Audio Driver v6.10.1.6140 for Windows Vista.

Asus P5L-MX Audio Driver Download

Thanks for the same. It helped a lot. The audio is now working. I found a similar drive download from a file sharing website. It is a popular download site, but I trust the official sources as there are less issue of getting any virus problem in the system.