Thread: intel 845GVSR drivers not installing in vista

I have an INTEL 845GVSR motherboard and have installed Windows vista on it but am unable to install any drivers on this operating system. Since Vista isnt still certified for this hardware, there will be time for the driver to get released as said by the Intel community. But after a bit of googling i saw some people who had installed vista drivers on this intel board. I was wondering, if those are really working or give me troubles after sometimes. Any help?

Re: intel 845GVSR drivers not installing in vista

My case is different with the Intel D845HV motherboard that i have. I am trying to upgrade it from xp to Vista but am not being successful. When ever I am trying to install Vista, am gettingan error message which runs pretty fast before it can be read and then the computer shuts down automatically. I have tested the ram, hard drive and everything but nothing is working for me. Is it that this motherboard isnt compatible with Vista?

Re: intel 845GVSR drivers not installing in vista

Have you checked whether the the Vista OS that you have downloaded isnt corrupt, if so then download another and then make it as a bootable dvd and then try to install Vista. The reason I am saying this is because, something similar was happening with me when I downloaded Vista, it failed the NERO MD5 verifier check. So I downloaded it one more time and it was able to pass the MD5 check without any errors. Also, once you have burned the DVD, you should verify it again so that you dont have to face problems such as DVD burn fails. In the end, you should also check whether the dvd isnt damaged or non-workable.

I have got a solution to this problem of installing Vista on motherboards such as Intel 845GVSR or any other intel board. First of all there is no need to download any drivers, since Vista has everything built in. The only thing that is required in Vista is that it needs Video Memory 128MB and the default video memory in these old intel boards are set to 64MB only which is why we we sort of get this problem. So to do the same please follow the below suggestions:

• Upon starting up the computer, press Dell key to get into Bios Settings and from there go to Advanced and then Video Configuration.
    • Here, you have to change the "AGP Aperture Size" from 64 Mb to "128 Mb or Higher".
    • After that you just have to leave the "Primary Video Adapter" as "Integrated"
    • After that you have to change the "Frame Buffer Size" from 1 Mb to "8 Mb".
    • Lastly save this option and then either exit to restart or continue.
    • Now you will be able to install Windows Vista on this older intel boards without any issues.