Thread: Installing Hauppauge WinTv 878/9 WDM on Windows Vista

Installing Hauppauge WinTv 878/9 WDM on Windows Vista

I own a Hauppauge WinTv 878/9 WDM card. I want to install that on my Vista system. But it is not working. I tried Windows Update, some third party drivers, etc. But nothing worked. I checked the specification which said that this card is quiet compatible with Vista. I am not able to actually locate the drivers that can make this thing work in Vista. The one that I found was not proper. I can see the hardware listed in Device Manager. But as unknown device. I had a dual boot system. The same card works like charm on Windows XP. Can I use XP drivers on it.

It is not going to work unless you have the right drivers. And if you are trying to do that on Vista then you must struggle enough. Vista has lot more issue with driver compatibility especially the 64bit system. There are less chances it is going to work. The original drivers that are available on the official site does not looks will work with Vista or other edition. So to be on the safer side stick to XP.

Did you tried Windows Update. I got my old TV tuner card working through that. Windows Vista was able to locate the drivers on its own from online Microsoft database. Most of your hardware problem will be resolved by updates only. But if Windows Update can on its own does not found a driver, then better give up searching.