Thread: Windows Vista detected a hard drive problem in limited account only

Windows Vista detected a hard drive problem in limited account only

I have two user accounts in my system. The one is admin and the other one is guest account. The admin is used by me and the guest is kept unlocked for other. When someone enter guest account he get a hard drive error message on the screen. The same does not appear in the admin account. I have a 160GB Western Digital Hard drive installed in my system. It looks to be working fine and quiet healthy. I check by Disk De-Fragmentation. There were no errors. What can be reason behind this problem.

I too got the same error. Do not ignore it. There is some fault with your drive and before the drive dies completely do get a new one. Also there can be bad sectors or some associated application which is not able to perform in limited account. Go on Control Panel and check in error log. You will get information on the exact error listed.

re: Windows Vista detected a hard drive problem in limited account only

In my laptop I am facing this issue. While the performance of system is quiet nice. I had upgraded from XP to Vista. And after that this error started appearing. The message keeps popping up on the screen. I had shown my system to technician who said it is working fine. Then why does the error appear on my screen.

Possible Resolution

Perform a disc check and see what result you get. There can be number of things which are associated with the same. There simply no way you can ignore that error. My old laptop just stopped working when I avoided that error.