Thread: Creative Gameport driver?

Creative Gameport driver?

I have recently installed windows vista, other than that my audigy sound car was not installed. I have downloaded the latest Vista drivers for my Audigy from creative website. They were really working great, but my gameport driver doesn't seem to be installed. It always shows up in device manager as a unknown device. I have re installed the driver the sound card, even updated the driver through Microsoft update, but its not working can you please help me ?

Re: Creative Gameport driver?

Well for your information Gameports are no longer supported I believe, So it won't install on your machine.

I was unable to get the driver from Creative to install at all for my Audigy 2, I have been using the motherboard built in sound since I installed Vista. Can I inquire where you got this download from?

Go to http://www.creative.com. Click on Support, then Downloads. Choose your world region, country, and language., then Go. Click Sound Blaster, then Audigy, then Audigy 2 (or whatever your card is). then Next. Choose language again, then Windows Vista, then Driver, then Go. You will find one driver on their site for Audigy 2.

When I am trying to install Gameport with those drivers which are working with sound driver, the installation is getting failed with a error message. "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. "Creative Game Port An error occurred during the installation of the device: The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry. This may be because tehINF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.