Thread: Will AERO work on Intel 915 chipset

Will AERO work on Intel 915 chipset

I want to use a new edition of Windows and want to know that does AERO supports Intel 915G graphics. I had heard from my friends a number of time that this Vista needs more high system with good graphic memory. I am willing to for a Vista Upgrade. The Upgrade Advisor said that it is compatible and will work. But before going for the same I need suggestion whether it will work or not. I have kept all the drivers ready with me.

AERO needs more video memory. And so Vista. Even 512MB ram is not capable of giving you a better performance. You need a bit new system with atleast 1GB ram and good on board video memory. Or else your system will lag like hell. You need a graphic support which must be DX9 compliant. Drivers are just secondary support. They will help you to run hardware but a good amount of video memory is recommended.

I will not recommend that. I am having the same chipset. It is a mobile board and has certain limitation. Windows XP with some flashy themes will work great on that. But it is not recommended to upgrade a higher edition that can make it unstable. The chipset supports Aero Glass, but somehow the performance will be lower.

Intel 915/910

I checked the specification of this chipset on Intel site. It is clearly written that this motherboard will not support Windows AERO. You can use Vista, but the Basic Home edition only. This does not comes with AERO. Also there are less chances that in future this board will support AERO.The minimum onboard video memory need to run AERO is 256MB. This is recommended for better performance.

re: Will AERO work on Intel 915 chipset

I am having a similar chipset system. But the make is MSI. I am using Vista and AERO works fine here. I have Vista Ultimate installed. There is no problem with the performance neither there is any issue with the output. The onboard video memory provided is around 32MB. And above you said that AERO needs atleast 256MB of RAM. I think even 128MB is more than enough for this. You can add a small gpu memory. That will make your system to work smoother.

See if there is a any additional on board memory then AERO will work fine. The board you mention has Radeon card in it. It is better and supports more better video memory compared to others. Somehow those who are using the default intel chipset has more lower memory. I will recommend you to use XP on the same.

It is better if you upgrade your system hardware for using Vista and utilizing all its graphics. Adding a gpu will be costlier option. Some motherboard that are sold in the market comes with a bit higher integrated video memory. This all are recommended for using Vista and newer tools.