Thread: Conexant AC-Link Audio FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conexant AC-Link Audio FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am currently using a HP computer I was a weird sound from my computer, just to update I have found a fix for the same. Found on PlanetAMD64: http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=23602
    Windows Vista X64 with Conexant/ATI Integrated Digital Audio/SB400 (you get the idea)...

1. Download the attached Audio64a.zip file and install the driver via your device manager. Since this is a beta OS, I think anyone who is facing will know how to do that.
    2. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and open Task Manager. If you already disabled User Account Control, then go to File->Run and run CMD.
    3. If UAC is enabled or you don't know what UAC is, go to the "Processes" tab. If there's a button that says "Show processes from all users", click it and go through the popup window, then go to File->Run and run cmd. In either case, there should have been a line of text on the "Run" dialog that said "This task will be created with administrative privileges."
    4. At the command prompt, enter Bcdedit.exe a set nointegritychecks ON.
    5. Reboot your computer. The sound will now work.
    This whole issue is because in x64 operating systems, any kernel-mode driver (audio being one) must be signed to load (hence the "Driver cannot be loaded" error). The bcdedit command disables that requirement, allowing you to load the unsigned driver.

Here's The File http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...e=post&id=4180

RE: Conexant AC-Link Audio FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in Vista RC1 you can turn off the enforced driver signature checking by the boot menu. Press F8 for advanced boot menu and now select the option to disable driver signature and now manually install the driver fix shown.

I have fix this issues on my HP nx6125 laptop and its working great without any problem.

RE: Conexant AC-Link Audio FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your information its really good it worked for me.