Thread: Laptop SigmaTel C-Major Audio(Headphone jack does not work) speaker

Laptop SigmaTel C-Major Audio(Headphone jack does not work) speaker

Windows Vista is unable to run SigmaTel C-Major Audio. This are the speakers that I am using with my laptop. When I connect the same I am not getting any audio. I had tried number of different things to make this thing work. But nothing works. The system that I am having is Dell Inspiron XPX GEN2. The sound is only the one which is failing everytime.

Did you checked on the official website. Go to Dell Driver Support site and download the fresh drivers. If there is no Vista drivers listed then you cannot do anything. It is not going to work at all. Somehow you can try setup or configure Windows XP drivers on 32bit system. This is the only way to fix the problem.

Yes it would be better if you can locate the appropriate drivers. There is no way it is going to work fine. And I am a bit doubtful about the audio drivers that can be downloaded from the official website. There are some type of third party driver updater that might work. You can try to find the driver on some download website also.

It is correct. I am using Windows XP on similar Dell system. I had installed Vista before then reverted back to XP due to this kind of common driver bug. It is very complicated to find the drivers for Vista especially for 64bit. It makes the job much more complicated. I am trying to figure out how this can be fixed but it looks Dell is not interested in providing a proper driver.