Thread: Bluetooth Not Working in VISTA

I have recently bougth a new Asus notebook that has a BT-183 Bluetooth 2.0 pre-built. When ever i am trying to install drivers from windows update from the manufacturer's disk, I get an error message that states "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device. A service installation section in this INF is invalid." Can anyone please tell me how do i solve this issue?

Re: Bluetooth Not Working in VISTA

It seems to me that since you have installed Vista in your system, hence it is rejecting the bluetooth adapter driver to get installed on your computer. I think that you will have to wait for some time until the manufacturer releases a working driver for Vista. I have checked out many articles on the net and there are not really any solutions for this kind of problem. So, you simply have 2 choices with yourself, that is, either to wait for the manufacturer to produce a driver that is compatible with Windows Vista or you will have to purchase another bluetooth adapter that is compatible with Vista.

I was able to find some updated drivers and i immediately installed it on my pc. Everything seems to be working fine but when I click on the Bluetooth manager icon that is residing on the taskbar and when i try to add a new connection with some of the bluetooth device then it gives me an error message about bluetooth manager will shut down or something. Is this a problem with the hardware itself or do you think whether it is related to some software issues in my pc, any help would be appreciated.

There is a solution given about how to create custom name bluetooth driver in vista operating system here - Create Custom Name Bluetooth Driver in Windows XP & Vista using the built-in driver. Try to follow the method given in that thread and see if that works for anyone having this problem on their pc. Hopefully it should be able to resolve the issue.