Thread: Lost of Hard Fault Per Second error in Windows Vista

Lost of Hard Fault Per Second error in Windows Vista

In resource monitor I can see lots of Hard Fault Per Second error. It keeps on increasing. I am not able to figure out the cause behind this. Does ignoring this can be ok. My system is having some performance issue so I just went inside Resource Monitor to test out the performance output. Other things look to be fine, the cpu usage is a bit high here. What does this Hard fault error means. And what issue can appear if I ignore the same. I hope there will be some solution for this.

Re: Lost of Hard Fault Per Second error in Windows Vista

This error is associated with system ram. You will need to run some good memory diagnostic tool and you can find the output on the same. If there are errors then you will need to replace your ram stick and then check back.

If the cpu utilization is high here then just check application is causing that problem. There can be virus in your system which can also be responsible for slow output. I am going to tell you more about hard fault error here. It is associated with your system performance. In Windows Resource Monitor if the system usage is high then there can be ample of cause behind it. As first I said can be a virus problem or there can be some issue with any software. Hard fault is a memory error. Here the program gets wiped out from the memory and the system tries to find the same in the page file which is located on your hard drive. If this happens a lot the system performance is hampered. Your disk activity will also increase. Commonly you will face software crash on your screen. You will have to run a memory test here. There are ample of third party memory testing software available. You can just download and install one in your system. Run the test and it will give you information about the errors. If there are lots of memory error then it recommended that you replace your ram stick and test it back. I think that will be more appropriate.

Try to remove the ram first and then clean the edges with a ink rubber. Then place it back. If the problem still continuous then you can simply try to change the ram slot also. It will be also more helpful in fixing the issue you are facing.

A memory test tool will give you the proper information on ram performance. For that the best software I know is Memtest. You can download and burn the iso file on your optical drive. You can boot your system with that. Scan your memory for the errors and then check back. If there are errors then it is the time to buy a new ram. The problem is basically not associated on software level. But some buggy application can generate this kind of issues. There are some advance tools also available which can give you more information on different task running in your system. One of them is Hijackthis. This app creates a log report of everything working in the system. In resource monitor you can also find the name of process which is having this hard fault error. On that basis you can simply find the app location through hijackthis and remove it. It is beneficial if there is a single application working in the background. While if there are many then probably this is some kind of hardware issue in your system. You will have to replace the memory sticks and test it back.

Things that can help you to resolve this kind of issue is disk degramentation. Try to run this. Then run chkdsk in cmd. It is a check disk utility that scans your drive for bad sectors. If there are any then this kind of issues will be common. You will need to upgrade your hardware to get rid of the same.