Thread: Keyboard buttons working incorrectly!

Keyboard buttons working incorrectly!

I appear to be having some problems with my keyboard that just hit me out of nowhere and I'm at a total loss of trying to fix it.

I've had this keyboard for 4~5 years now and it's been my pride and joy throughout the years, working like a charm. Today I was using it like normal and then literally out of nowhere my arrow keys started having problems.

The following keys are not working correctly: Left arrow key, Up arrow key, Numberpad Enter, Home, End.

Here's some examples of what shows up when I press the following buttons. This is all from tapping, not holding them down.

Left arrow key: bbnbnbnbbn
    Up arrow key: gh\gh\gh\gh sometimes after a few taps it starts to act as a shift key and sometimes as an Esc key.
    Numberpad Enter: asasdfjkfjkassdfjkkaskjkasjkasas My normal Enter button to the left of my arrow keys is working perfectly fine though.
    Home and End keys: Not working at all.

I've tried unplugging it, upgrading/updating it/drivers, uninstalling, changing keyboard language, all sorts of things and nothing has worked. The problem literally just happened out of nowhere. It was working fine just minutes before and bam, just... yeah.

Is there anything else I can try or am I doomed? I plugged the keyboard into my laptop and had the same problems so it's definitely a problem with the keyboard. However, I love this keyboard... yet I have this odd feeling if I buy a keyboard exactly the same as this one, I'll still have the problems...? Would I have the same problems or would it be perfectly fine? I'd really rather keep what I'm used to rather than buy a completely different keyboard.

Help please! :)

Re: Keyboard buttons working incorrectly!

What happens when you press the "b", "n", "g", "h", etc; letters on the keyboard does it works fine or it also outputs some other letters from the keyboard? What is the make or model of this keyboard anyways, since you have already used it for 5 years till now, it is time that it should be wear off, however you can try cleaning the dust under the buttons by blowing some strong air and check if that works, or otherwise go for a new keyboard, which is your last option.

Pressing those other buttons is fine, I'm typing on the keyboard as we speak since I don't have any spare backup keyboards. My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse. My family members are also at a loss, I'm thinking a new keyboard is my only option. I've blown out some of the dust but I'm still having the problems. Guess I might just have to try and find the time to get a new one. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ohaider View Post
    Pressing those other buttons is fine, I'm typing on the keyboard as we speak since I don't have any spare backup keyboards. My keyboard is a Saitek Eclipse. My family members are also at a loss, I'm thinking a new keyboard is my only option. I've blown out some of the dust but I'm still having the problems. Guess I might just have to try and find the time to get a new one. :(
    You seem to have tried out the possible troubleshooting for getting it worked and now i am getting the feeling that there is some kind of hardware issue with the keyboard and you will have to get a new one that's all i can suggest.