Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unknown device ACPI\AWY0001 in Device Manager

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 21-03-2012

Unknown device ACPI\AWY0001 in Device Manager

I found an ACPI\AWY0001 device in Device Manager and am still not able to figure out what is this exactly. I did a clean install of Vista today but even after that am getting this unknown device relating to Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System (ACPI\AWY0001). Anyone have any clues about this. Could having no sound with TV in Media Center be related to my unknown device. Any help appreciated.

Old 21-03-2012

Re: Unknown device ACPI\AWY0001 in Device Manager

The hardware id of this "ACPI\AWY0001" unknown device that you are seeing is in relation with "away mode" which is usually implemented for mce oem systems. So, download this AwayMode-KB902437-ENU.exe file from here and extract it on your deskptop. After that right click on "My Computer" and then go to Properties >> Hardware >> Device Manager >> you will see a list of device, simply go to go to "unknown device" and click on update driver. After that choose install from a list or specific location and uncheck "Search removable media" and select "Include this location in search" and then browse and locate the file on the desktop and update it.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,