Thread: Need Visioneer OneTouch 7100 Drivers for windows vista

Need Visioneer OneTouch 7100 Drivers for windows vista

I have recently bought Visioneer OneTouch 7100 and I am looking for its driver for windows vista RC2 since I am not able to find it and get it to work properly, i have tried using the XP drivers but they are also not working, I have recently made a fresh install of the Vista os, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Need Visioneer OneTouch 7100 Drivers for windows vista

I think that I can help you here as I have also faced the same situation before and had solved it out. I had downloaded scanner package from the Visioneer web site and installed it on Vista business in windows XP mode. Simply right click on the exe file and choose compatability mode to install it. Just try it out and see if it is helping you out or not.

In my case I was able to get it to work by installing the old software from the disk but then one day when I was trying to install the same then it said “found a driver, but failed to install it” and then it was asking for "inf" extension file and after that when I uninstalled the Scansoft program with the custom option then I was able to see where it was putting those files which was Windows\inf\i386 in my case, so you know the trick now, just do the same and when you will try to reload the driver then you can browse the same path and then it will work.

Hey guys even I need some help, actually I am having windows 7 64 bit in my system and not windows vista and the problem that I am facing is that when I am checking it out in the device manager then it is listing the same as "usb scanner" but then when I am trying to install the driver from the official site and even when am using the original cd that I had got with it then it says me to plug the scanner and when I do so then it gives me a error saying the drivers for this device cannot be found. I don’t know what is the problem in my case.

Hey guys even I need some help, actually I am having windows 7 64 bit in my system and not windows vista and the problem that I am facing is that when I am checking it out in the device manager then it is listing the same as "usb scanner" but then when I am trying to install the driver from the official site and even when am using the original cd that I had got with it then it says me to plug the scanner and when I do so then it gives me a error saying the drivers for this device cannot be found". I don’t know what is the problem in my case is there anyone who can help me out as well??

For windows 7, you can follow the below steps:
    • First download the driver (EXE file) again from the official site and then right click on the same and then click on the compatibility tab and then select the XP SP3 mode and then launch the installation process.
    • If everything will be right then you will get a message saying “are you sure you want to install it and so” , so just click on yes and proceed but then just keep your device plugged during this process.

Just try it out and see if it helps.