Thread: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - fuzzy noise

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - fuzzy noise

Hey everyone,
    I'm running on a IDT High Definition Audio CODEC sound drive and i'm having some trouble with it.
    I have a Gateway laptop and a built in mic to it.
    Whenever i run any programs like Teamspeak 2, Skype, Ventrilo, my mic works fine and everyone can hear me. For some reason on the program Teamspeak 3 that my guild uses, there is all this fuzz noise whenever i open the mic. It doesnt do this on any other program like I stated above. I searched for updates, none. I looked up everything possible and it seems it just doesn't want to work.
    Please help me fix this fuzz noise that doesnt go away and if there is any solution to it.
    Thanks!

re: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - fuzzy noise

If you are getting the issue with the TeamSpeak then i will first advise you is to get into the Setting Menu from the Toolbar and then to go to the Sound Input/Output Setting. In the window slide the bar to right and now save setting and see whether this is working for you or not. I hope this will help you to resolve the issue.

Re: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - fuzzy noise

the setting menu from the toolbar in Teamspeak? i've tried to adjust every single setting in teampspeak and it seems that that is not the problem. it seems like the problem is with my sound card and teamspeak 3 specifically.

I too had similar kind of problems and found out that we have to install the Dell version SigmaTel drivers and not the Retail version from Microsoft or some other site. And also, you will have to completely get rid of the IDT drivers before you can install Dell drivers, which in your case may require uninstalling SP3 and any other Microsoft updates if that is even possible.

Updating a driver might help you to deal with the issue. Or else there are tool which comes with noise cancellation features. This tools can help you to record a much clear voice from the mic. Second thing check your audio properties and simply disable any enhancement. Keep the simple voice feature enabled with minimum settings. Check dell site to find the right driver version for your system and re-install the same.

That is actual the hardware issue. I do not think this lies with the software or driver. You can test by recording your voice in Windows audio recorder and then play it. If the same noise appear in the background then it simply means the speaker lacks noise cancellation ability. The most you can do is use the mic in more silent room, or there are cheap mics available in the market which can provide you superior sound quality.