Thread: Install Broadcom (Widcomm) bluetooth

Install Broadcom (Widcomm) bluetooth

I have recently purchaed a new Broadcom Widcomm Bluetooth adapter and it is working flawlessly under Windows XP, when I am trying to install it on Windows Vista with the correct driver that I have got, it installs fine but after a restart the Broadcom (Widcomm) drivers disappear and I get the Vista Bluetooth protocol takes over. What should be done here to get this thing working on Vista.

When you install the latest WIDCOMM software or driver then it adds additional bluetooth support instead limited support. Normally, when you install the WIDCOMM then the MS bluetooth driver does not disapper but actually, Widcomm just adds to it. So maybe you will need an older driver version of Widcomm in order to get the bluetooth to work. By the way have you tried installing the Widcomm software from the CD/DVD that you may have received with the bluetootg dongle? In any case you can download the drivers from this official link of Broadcom website, from here - http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

Yes, Microsoft Bluetooth does not gets replaced when you install WIDCOMM on your system, it just adds addition to Bluetooth support and installs at the adjacent side. Have you tried pairing any bluetooth device after installing it? Could you also let us know like what all kind of devices you are trying to pair to the pc and which function of bluetooth you are using? Actually, microsoft's bluettoh support is limited and therefore after installing widcomm you get to configure bluetooth audio and many such things which cannot be done alone with MS bluetooth.

Re: Install Broadcom (Widcomm) bluetooth

Hi, i have just installed widcomme driver and bluettoth software detects my nokia phone, it works perfectly, however i have a bluettoth headset, nokia BH504, the pairing is successfull, and the icons are created successfully, but when i click on the icon to connect for stereo audio/handsfree nothing happens.
    I am using Lifetec bluetooth dongle(bluetooth bm03 v2.01),please help to proceed.I have XP on my laptop(HP)
    Thaks in advance
    Last edited by mani_vnit; 14-01-2010 at 12:48 PM.