Thread: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure

TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure

Hello all, I have a pretty old Compaq Presario laptop and it has got an TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA writer on it which is not working under Windows Vista. This device is not recognized under Windows Explorer but can be seen in Device Manager. I have already tried to use the Microsoft's solution of deleting the upper and lower filters. In my case, there was only the lower filter that was getting listed in the registry editor and I have successfully deleted and removed it. I also had Roxio software installed on my machine and I read somewhere that it also conflicts with the dvd writer, so i have removed it as well. Now, that all of this things are removed, still the dvd drive isnt recognized on my computer. What next should i do to solve this problem.

Re: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-L632H ATA drive failure

It seems to me that the dvd driver that you are having is faulty. But in any case, you can try to do the following and see if it solves the issue:

1. Click Start and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click System and Maintenance, click System, and then click Device Manager.
      Note: If Control Panel is in Classic View, double-click System, and then click Device Manager.
      If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    3. In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
    4. When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

Well, have you tried connecting the drive in some other computer and checked if that is getting recognized over there? Did you also try to change the cables of the dvd drive which might be faulty as well. Try to look at the power supply as well, if it is giving proper power for this drive and not failing. Is either of this things are not working for you then it might be that the dvd drive is failing, since it might be old. You may want to buy a new dvd drive for yourself.