Thread: Hp webcam problem

Hp webcam problem

I have newly purchased a HP Pavilion dv5 laptop and just recently, the webcam on this laptop started acting weird. I have Window Vista installed on this laptop. The webcam used to work fine but all of a sudden it stopped working and to get it working again, all i had to do was to restart the laptop and the webcam would start again. But after few weeks, the webcam didnt work at all even after the restart procedure. I also get an error message saying that "No device detected. Please plug a device into your computer. If you are using an integrated camera please make sure its turned on". I have also checked device manager but there are no imaging devices found anywhere. But USB is listing an unknown device which I tried to remove and then after restart, it said that there was no driver found for this device. So i tried reinstalling the webcam driver again but that didnt work. Now am out of clues on how to solve this issue, please help me out.

Even I have got myself a similar kind of problem on my HP pavilion dv9667ea with the webcam. I think that it is a common problem with HP webcam that HP needs to address and then supply a working patch for it. I have tried asking HP support but they are out of ideas. I hope that someone here has some fix for this issue.

Well, have you tried using the inbuilt system restore points that is automatically created in your Vista system. Set it to a date when your webcam was working properly. Also, see to it that, if you have installed an antivirus software in your laptop, then it isnt blocking the webcam in its option. If nothing is working for you at all, then you can perhaps try to RMA your laptop and give it back to HP for RMA and if it is under warranty then you will get the treatment for free. There is also an updated firmware for webcam on many HP laptop models that can be used in Vista, download it from this link here.

Re: Hp webcam problem

I have HP DV2750ea laptop,
    Pls. tell me how can I enable the "camera control option" for my built in camera