Thread: My computer can't detect my speakers

My computer can't detect my speakers

I am a Windows Xp user, recently bought 2.1 Creative speakers. When I plug my speakers the system is just unable to recognize the same. When I plug the same in my mobile phones 3.5mm Jack, it works properly. I don’t know what could bet the problem also I dont have any installation disk for my speakers or sound card. Can any of you please tell me how can fix this problem ?

Which sound card are you using? Did you check if the drivers are installed for the same? If not, simply check your sound car make/model and go to their official page to download the software and required drivers. Just install them and you speakers will start working. There is no problem with the speakers, problem is with your sound card. Once it starts working speaker will also work. Secondly I would like to tell you that this is the Vista Hardware forums, not for Windows XP related.

Re: My computer can't detect my speakers

Me too with exactly the same problem. First of all let me tell you that this is my first ever computer and you can call me a newbie. Infact I just don’t know what is sound card and how it looks. So how can get its make and model number ? Even my speakers are not getting detected with the system. Any suggestion in layman language ? Thanks in advance.

Re: My computer can't detect my speakers

You system will detect the speakers only if the required drivers are installed for the sound card. No hardware works unless they have the required drivers for them in windows based computers. As you said you don’t even know what sound card is than better don’t try out anything yourself. Better call and technician or take your pc to local repair shop and get it repaired.