Thread: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

I have recently bought a MEDION MD 8833 pc which has MSI MS7502 motherboard inside it. I was told that this board supports 8gb of ram from the Medion's and Intel's support team, so i therefore bought a Windows Vista 64bit editing with 4x2gb stips of ram. After installing everything, I went into bios and it detects the 8gb ram properly, but when i booted into Vista desktop, it said that 8gb memory is installed but total memory is only 3325MB. So can anyone explain me why there is so much difference in the readings?

I want to ask you whether you have installed the 64 bit version of the operating system freshly after buying the license or you did an upgrade over a existing 32-bit version of operating system. I think that if you done an upgrade then due to some remains of the system file, the ram might be detecting only that much what is showing you. Therefore you should always try to clean install an operating system when ever you upgrade hardware, so that those all get listed.

I can tell you that it is a clean install of the original microsoft windows vista 64 bit edition and also i have paid for the license. I think that the 8gb installed ram is measured from the hardware id's of the memory. So is it that the 64 bit editions of the operating system always need memory remapping tuned on?

Re: MS7502 Mobo and 8 GB memory

You can try to go to the official website of the Medion and find the updated Bios for your motherboard. After that download the proper version and install it and restart, then check if the whole memory is getting listed or not.