Thread: "No bootable device" error

"No bootable device" error

I have a laptop on which i was working on some project when all of a sudden it crashed. When i tried to restart it, then it started to give me black screen with a message "No bootable device, insert boot disk and press any key". I am able to see the BIOS option when i start the laptop and can even go in its settings and change it. But when booted further, it will still give me No Bootable Device error again. Also, the laptop beeps with a sound when starting up. Is there anything that can be done to fix this issue.

I think that you need to install a device which will boot. Perhaps a reinstallation of Windows operating system could be required because the crash might have damaged some windows system file. You could even try to repair the OS installation and see if that works. Other than that, if nothing works then check for the hard drive whether it is dying or not.

Yes i agree with the above post, you should try to boot from the Windows Vista DVD and then try to select the "repair" option, it will start to scan your system and will let you know whether the MBR is corrupt or not. It will then try to repair the system with its file or else you can freshly reinstall the operating system which will solve this issue anyways.