Thread: No burner is currently available or you don't have rights to access the burner.

No burner is currently available or you don't have rights to access the burner.

I have a problem when i trying to burn cds on my laptop. I have recently downloaded and installed Cyberlink Power2Go software in my laptop and when i open this program, then it gives me an error message saying that "no burner is currently available or you don't have rights to access the burner". I have checked for solutions where we have to delete the upper and lower filters but when i go into the registry editor then it is not showing up there. I have removed and reinstalled the program but nothing seems to be working in my case. I have even tried Nero software but that doesnt work for me. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks

Re: No burner is currently available or you don't have rights toaccess the burner.

Have you tried to remove all the third party burning application from you laptop and then checked by placing a new blank cd disc into the drive, what it gives? Also check to see that the cd's are not scratched because if it is so then it will not get detected in your computer at all. Let us know what did you find out.

All the burning softwares were already uninstalled from my computer but the only software that i am using now is cyberlink power2go. When i insert a blank CD then the drive will not detect it and i just get the message to 'please enter a disc into drive'. I am using Windows Vista with Sevice Pack 1. I dont know what other things to try?

It seems to me that the burner that you are using is faulty. Have you tried booting by using the Windows Vista DVD at startup. Check to see if it is able to boot, because if it does that then it sure is a software problem but if it doesnt then there could be a possibility that the burner that you are using is going bad or dead already. You can also try to check in device manager if it gives a yellow exclamation mark next to any device. It could be also possible that the burning feature of the drive has gone bad and it could only read the CD's and play them.