Thread: USB ports stopped working after Windows updates

USB ports stopped working after Windows updates

I have Windows Vista on my system and after when i installed 2 windows updates, the usb ports on docking station is not working anymore. These two updates were - Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB960353) and Cypress - Other hardware - HX2LP kit (3.03.0000.2). To solve the issue I even tried to use the system restore but it failed. Also, when i checked for the Cypress update in the Programs and Features then it was not listed there, so i am unable to remove the same. So, how do i uninstall these 2 updates, any help would be appreciated.

Even all my external usb ports are not working when i selected the Cypress update. I am also not able to find this Cypress update anywhere listed in my computer. But one thing that i was able to find was the HX2LP Kit (3.03.0000.2) software that was installed and i can even try to remove it. I found the drivers for the same in the registry and it is also shown in the device manager with a HX2LP entry that is under usb controller. I will try to uninstall the HX2LP device and its driver and see if that solves my issue or not.

Re: USB ports stopped working after Windows updates

Even i was facing a similar problem after this update and now the fingerprint reader on my system has stopped working completely. I was searching for the device and its driver so that i can rollback but i was not able to find it anywhere. Then I came here and checked the same issue that many people were facing with the USB. So to solve this issue, I simply went into Start and then Control Panel and then Device manager and then Usb controllers. After that i saw the 'HX2LP' driver listed there. So i just right clicked on it and then went into its Properties and then Driver and then tried the Rollback driver and it worked for me. Hope that this helps people facing this issue.

Follow the below method to solve this issue:
    1. First of all I went into go to Control Panel >> System >> Drivers >> USB devices.
    2. After that I was having 2 HX2LP drivers because I had 2 hubs connected on my pc.
    3. Now here I just right clicked on one of the devices and then clicked uninstall -by checking the uninstallation of the software and confirmed it.
    4. After that I again uninstalled the other one. This time no option to uninstall software.
    5. Laslty, I just had to restart and let the devices find the driver and guess what it worked. Hope this helps.