Thread: Vista LAN Connection

Vista LAN Connection

I have a laptop which can connect properly to the lan device but windows simply rejects the internet return info. This is the reason why I am unable to connect to the internet, even when the lan device is saying that it is connected? When i tried another laptop that has Windows XP on it, the same lan works properly and i am also able to surf the internet. Any ideas, what might be causing this issues?

You need to check your Windows Vista pc's lan whether it is configured as Private network or Public network. Try to shuffle between both the options be enabling and disabling one or the other and see by enabling which of these one would work for you. If this is not working, then I assume you should contact your ISP.

I have a BSNL Broadband internet and i have two laptops with me. I have a wireless modem and in one of the laptop i am able to use the Wifi but am not able to use the lan option, because it is giving me some error message which is as follows:

A problem with your network router or broadband modem might be preventing an internet connection. If you are connected to a home network turn off the modem and unplug the power cord. Wait at least 10 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in and turn on the modem. Make sure the modem is plugged into the cable or phone jack on the wall, and then try to connect to the network.

What should i do to fix this error message that i am getting.