Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

display drivers error "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used"

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 28-10-2008

display drivers error "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used"

Even after pressing ctrl+alt+down i cannot get rid of the below error message:

"The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatable with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA driver. Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an updated driver, or select one of the Microsoft provided drivers."

I am having an Intel 965 Express Chipset and have installed Vista on my system. Can anyone help me in this situation.

Old 28-10-2008

You need to download the latest driver for your graphics from the manufacturer's website, they may have the vista driver for the graphics chipset that you have. Also, it is possible that if the driver isnt working then it may not be a correct driver that you have installed. You could always uninstall the same and see what happens next. You can also try to disable the driver from the device manager and then re-enable it and see if that works for you or not.
Old 02-12-2008

Even i am getting this error message when i am going to Control Panel and from their to Display and in its Settings. I have a graphics card and my monitor is on Plug and Play on the same. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest driver but that isnt helping me either. I have also checked that my motherboard Bios is latest. I hope that someone has some answers to this issue,
Old 23-08-2011

Re: display drivers error "The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used"

Well, we need to know much more information about the problem that you are facing, so can you please specify what kind of error you are facing? Which operating system have you installed in your pc? And what is your computer specifications? The error that was faced was solved by some registry editing in - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management and make sure this is in there : SessionImageSize and give it a DECIMAL value of 32 and restart the pc. After that check if the problem resolves.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,