Thread: Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

I am running Windows Vista on my computer and when I am playing any games on it, then I will get blue screen of death that gives the error message 0x0000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA. After that computer restarts and then pops up Windows Error reporting which says that the sound card is bad. So to solve this issue, I have tried disabling the sound card in BIOS, then ran system repair with the help of Vista disk. After that I have also uninstalled and deleted the sound card and video drivers from the program and also ran check disk, memtest, etc. The last thing that i did was i changed the sound card to a new one and since then BSOD is happening less but still it is annoying. I have a Asus mobo with core 2 duo processor, and 4 gb of ram on my system. I am also using a HD 3870 video card which is in crossfire. Any ideas what should i do now?

Re: Vista Ultimate 64 BSOD 0x00000050 PAGED FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA

If you have an Asus motherboard then definitely you will have a built-in sound card onboard which might be SoundMax or so. So it maybe a problem due to the conflict between the external sound card and then onboard one, even though disabling one. Next you can check by removing the video card that you are using in Crossfire, try to add only one and see the results. BSOD also occurs due to faulty ram, so check by connecting one ram at a time on your board to eliminate this issue once and for all.