Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Flash Memory Card Reader - 16 GB SD Card - Won't Read

Vista Hardware Devices

Old 15-10-2008

Flash Memory Card Reader - 16 GB SD Card - Won't Read

I have a SD/SDHC card reader from Ativa brand company. I have a HP Pavilion dv9925nr notebook which is running on Windows Vista and has 4gb of ram on it. When i insert a 16gb SDHC card in the card reader on this machine then the system becomes very slow. When I insert a 8gb card then the system runs fine? I also have a dell notebook at office with me and when I use the 16gb card then the system runs just fine without any issues. So I dont think that there is problem with the card itself. I am guessing that the problem might be due to some conflict with the driver on my Vista machine. So, can anyone confirm what to do in this case?

Old 12-10-2012

Re: Flash Memory Card Reader - 16 GB SD Card - Won't Read

It sure seems to be a problem with the driver that is installed on the HP Pavilion dv9925nr of the 16gb SDHC card. Can you go into device manager and then uninstall the drivers for this card and then restart computer then again reinstall the latest updated drivers for same? You can even try to go to its manufacturer's website and download the updated drivers for the same card and install it on your pc, then check whether it is still slowing down the computer or not.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Hardware Devices
Tags: , ,