Thread: no bootable disks after restart - BIOHD-3 error

no bootable disks after restart - BIOHD-3 error

I was copying some data from a dvd to an external hard drive when all of a sudden the pc stopped working. I then tried to cancel the copy but it was not responding at all. After that I simply took out tthe disc and then it gave me an error saying that no cd is in the drive. Again this time I tried to cancel and nothing was happening, so I just restarted the pc from the menu. When pc tried to start up then it stayed on a blinking cursor for sometime. So I removed the usb and rebooted again but still had the same problem. After so much of hard reboot I was not able to boot in safe mode and was not able to select F8 or F5 at the startup screen. When I checked diagnostics reports it gave me "BIOHD-3 error - no bootable disks contact hp". So can anyone tell me how do I solve this issue?

Have you checked the boot order in the BIOs setting and made sure that it hasnt changed to something else? Try to test one of the drive and if that doesnt work then try another one. Incase if you are using raid thet it might be possible that it must have failed. So, try not to setup raid because you will lose all data from your drives. If you have another computer then you can try to connect the hard drive in the other computer and make a boot disk. You can even try to follow some guide on how to make a Windows Vista Repair Disk incase if you dont know that from this thread - How to Make a Windows Vista Repair Disk