Thread: xbox controller drivers for vista

xbox controller drivers for vista

I have just got a brand new Xbox 360 wired controller that I want to use with my computer. It was working fine on Windows XP service pack 3 without any problems with its supplied drivers that I have installed on my computer. But today I upgraded to Windows Vista and when I went to download the drivers of this controller from the microsoft site then there was none listed for Vista. When I played need for speed on my pc then the controller was not getting detected at all. But soon after that I used Windows Update to install the driver for this controller and it got detected. But now I am facing problem of setting out this controller. Can anyone help me out.

I would first recommend you to download the xbox 360 controller drivers for Windows Vista from this link. After that unplug the controller and uninstall any listing of the controller from the device manager and then restart the pc and install the driver package that you have already downloaded. At the time of the installation of the driver, you will get a prompt to connect the controller in the pc, do it at this time only and not before or after this prompt. Restart the computer again to save the settings and then on the next boot try to use the controller and see if the problem has been fixed. Hope this helps.