Thread: Device driver software was not successfully installed

Device driver software was not successfully installed

I have a Sony laptop that has a LITE-ON DVD SHD-16P1S ATA Device inbuilt and when ever I am trying to install the driver for this dvd rom, it fails. When I asked Sony for a solution, then told me to firs remove the driver and then restart the computer and after that the drive will be recognized automatically since it has the capability of plug-and-play device. I even tried another DVD Rom, but it isnt working at all. Is there anyone who can help?

Re: Device driver software was not successfully installed

If you go into the Device Manager, then can you right-click on your DVD Drive and choose Properties. Next, On the General tab, you can access the device status. Here you can find the error codes:
    • Your registry may be damaged. (Code 19)
    • One of the drivers for this device was not required, and it has been disabled (Code 32 or Code 31).
    • This device is not working properly because Windows can not load the drivers required for this device (Code 31).
    • Windows can not load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Once you find which error you are getting among the above listed ones here, we can try to diagnose the problem for you.

You can try the below solution to fix the dvd writer problem that is not getting recognized in your system:

1. First of all click on Start and then type regedit in the search bar of the start menu, and press the "Enter" key.
    2. Before doind this you can also save the registry in case of mishandling.
    3. After that locate the following key
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
      Warning: They are several identical registry keys. Check that "Data" that corresponds to CD-ROM.
    4. Simply delete the UpperFilters & LowerFilters values that might be listed at the right hand side of the dialogue box.
    5. Exit the Registry Editor and restart your PC to take effect.
    6. Now check to make sure that the dvd drive is getting listed in the system.