Thread: HP Vista Optical wireless mouse driver

HP Vista Optical wireless mouse driver

I have got myself a Hp wireless optical mouse Model 5219URF and I am trying to install it in my Windows Vista 64 bit machine, but I keep getting the message that it wont install on this 64bit system? I have already looked on many websites for its Vista compatible drivers for this wireless mouse which used to work fine on XP system. I checked some suggestions that many were saying that the drivers can be found from the manufacturer's website, so how do I get that thing? Thanks for any help.

Well, since you have already mentioned that it is a HP mouse, then it is the same manufacturer that has built the mouse. You should go the HP official website and then download the mouse drivers from their for the Vista 64 bit operating system that you are using on your computer. Also you can perform each step in order, checking the mouse and keyboard after each step, until the mouse and/or keyboard work from below method:

1. If the underside of the mouse has an On/Off switch, set the switch to the On position.
    2. Restart the computer. This can resolve the problem, at least temporarily, so that other troubleshooting steps can be applied.
    3. Move the mouse or keyboard closer to the receiver . Make sure that the keyboard and the mouse are within 30 centimeters (1 foot) of the receiver. If the receiver is attached to a cord, position the receiver so that it is on the same level surface, close to the mouse and keyboard.

More troubleshooting method can be found here.