Thread: Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

I have purchased a Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 and I recharge it usually on a cradle. It was working fine before but recently, when I place the mouse on the cradle then it gives out red blinking light and then it doesnt recharge at all. Even after 5 hours, it gives just the red blinking light. When I read the through some microsoft articles, I found out that this was a charging problem with the battery itself. This batteries are newly bought so I am confused what could be the issue here, do you have any ideas about same.

One of my friend fixed this issue just by left clicking the mouse once it is placed on the cradle. And what happens is that the red light stopped blinking and it started to recharge properly.

But this didnt work for me. So i attempted various things and then finally, i got a solution to this problem. When the mouse was kept on the cradle, i continuously started picking up the mouse up from the cradle and placing it again on it for almost 6-7 times and then the red flashing light disappeared. So my guess is that once the battery level is at its end, even though we keep the mouse on cradle, it will never start to charge it immediately. So, if anyone is facing this problem then they can try either of these 2 fix given and see if it works for them.

Actually, it is the problem of the battery that is usually not proper seated under the mouse. The battery gets a little space where it is not properly recognized when we start to charge the mouse and therefore get the red light blinking continuously, and we think that the battery has been depleted. So, try to roll the battery in the mouse a bit and when it will make a better connection, the red light will be gone for sure. Also try to clean the batteru terminals from any dust or dirt and reseat it again to notice the effect.

Re: Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

i read this solution from other website...
    That person had taught me put a piece of paper to press on the battery, but i am not sure if this is working.

Re: Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000 Cradle Problems

I just fixed two of my 8000 laser mice (mouses?). It was a two step process

1/ Shave off a little of the case around the positive (pointy) end of the battery to effectively extend the knob onto the matching contact in the mouse

2/ Run sticky tape laterally around the battery at the positive end to force the metallic switch in the mouse down a little further. I ran the tape around about 6 times.

I suspect that the batteries Microsoft used when setting up these mice were a slightly larger diameter with a longer protruding positive terminal