Thread: USB adapter and parallel printer

USB adapter and parallel printer

I am running Windows Vista operating system on my pc and I also have a HP LaserJet 4 Plus parallel printer but ony my pc, the L/T does not have a parallel port that I want to use with the printer. Therefore I am using an adapter cable to accomplish this but after installing the printer, it will only print once. If it is happening because of some combination of settings then I cannot find it anywhere. I think the issue is because of the printer status in the Word print window which is IDLE and it is not getting ready, so how to get the status to ready is the question here. I also dont think that it is a problem with the adapter cable that is normally has a usb connector on one end and a parrallel connector on the other end. It doesnt have any software as well which was told to me. So is there anyone who can help me sort this problem.

Re: USB adapter and parallel printer

You should also use the port and when it is created then you have to plug the USB cable into a dufferent physical port and then you will get the computer to find a new hardware and it will try to create another logical printer port. And if you want the printer to print, then you have to make sure that a USB printer port is created. You can try to open the Printers by clicking on Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Printers and check if the printer is listed there. If it is not listed there then it may not be installed and you have to go through the Add printer wizard. After when you find it, then right click on the Printer name and then left click on Properties and when a window opens then click on Ports. Here the printer must be listed on a USB Virtual printer port for USB, but if it is not then it is not properly installed. Once it is installed and the USB Virtual printer port is present then try to check mark that port and click apply. Hope that this helps you out.

It worked, Thanks alot for the solution you have given. Even I was facing problems with the Canon BJC-80 printer that i have. It was not working properly on Windows Vista and a USB port. This printer had no problems on Windows XP and I am using it for a couple of years now. But when i installed Windows Vista some months ago, the problem started to arise. But now that I have unticked the "Enable bidirectional support", my problem seems to have gone.