Thread: Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 VS FiFa 09

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 VS FiFa 09

Gaming website GamePlayer Australia has crated a feature which tries to assess the winner of the upcoming FIFA 09 versus PES 2009 battle. They indicate that FIFA is looking like the more likely winner and PES 09 is an unknown as a complete overhaul from last year's poor showing could be disastrous.

Let’s get ready to rumble! As another Christmas period begins to loom large on the horizon old foes Konami and EA step onto the field for their annual soccer showdown. Their goal? The respect, admiration and – let’s be honest – hard-earned cash of the billions of fans of the World Game. But unlike previous years, this time we have a real contest on our hands.

We’ll begin by outlining the state of play…

The best possible outcome for any game is to be a critical darling, and a financial success. However, neither FIFA nor PES has been able to lay claim to succeeding in both these facets over the course of this decade. FIFA, powered by EA’s far-reaching licensing agreements (from player likeness through to pumping soundtrack) and sheer brand power has always managed to rise swiftly up the sales charts and stick there for months, supported by the mainstream and casual audience. However, for the avid gamer and hardened critic, PES’s gameplay has been considerably superior, but it has been unable to chart as spectacularly as its competitor.

But last year saw an interesting swing for both games. PES – now all multi-format, semi-licensed and enjoyed great word-of-mouth – has begun to sell much better. In contrast though, the gameplay has become stagnant, almost regressing in quality. FIFA on the other hand has made some significant improvements in its gameplay and modes, falling back in favour with some critics even if it has lost some sales to PES in the process. In 2009, it looks like the games will collide in the middle, like two attackers leaping for a header. It’s all finally balanced and either game could come out with that best possible outcome, critical and financial success: it’s on the cards for one of them. But which?

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 is the under dog of it they were new in the line & they showed they had it to built a great soccer game

FiFa 09 is a big name, no pro Evolution Soccer can be best in what FiFa is .

i think fifa 09 will be much better then Pro soccer coz i havent played pro soccer im playing fifa many years now

Quote Originally Posted by VolRon View Post
    i think fifa 09 will be much better then Pro soccer coz i havent played pro soccer im playing fifa many years now
    i think u should not tell that pro sucks coz u havent played there will be a lot game that u havent played & they be bad

the match of the year FIFA 09 vs PES 2009

The match between FIFA and PES seems never to have been tight this year. Both football games were of course present on their respective stand at the Games Convention. Konami presented several versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, while the U.S. giant Electronic Arts proudly displaying the new edition FIFA 09. If both games arrive until October, the first videos of gameplay as well as our impressions you will doubtless have indications about your future purchase. So, for you this will be Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 or FIFA 09?

Finally a "next-gen" for FIFA 09 PC

In recent years, Electronic Arts seems to have become aware of the threat posed by Konami with its Pro Evolution Soccer. EA Sports has therefore been forced to reconsider its copy and this revision has gone through an overhaul of gameplay as the graphics and its simulation, the well-known FIFA.

Only the PC version seemed abandoned by Electronic Arts, however, that changes his rifle to shoulder with FIFA 09. The latter already fairly shown on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 is up today with a PC version that does justice to the power of the machine: this year, finally, EA Sports has decided to apply the engine next-gen console versions of fair to our PC.

For now, Electronic Arts does a trailer of the PC version, but we should very quickly-we see more, the planned release is scheduled for October 2.

PES 2009
    • Improved graphics. PES 2009 promises to evolve and improve in paragraph chart (similar to the players) and paragraph playable, one of its main features.
    • Movements. Players will improve both the response of the same as in his race. We may also create our own hands.
    • Gameplay "Be a Legend". In this gameplay create a player thanks to the editor and we must do to evolve to be a star.
    • Game Online. Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 will improve in point both in online capabilities that will offer as their options.
    • Although the license does not have official "The League" if will feature the top clubs in the Spanish league.

Fifa 09

• 250 improvements. Since Electronic Arts ensures that have improved 250 points in this Fife 09.
    • Game Online. The online game will be enhanced by allowing up to 20 players simultaneously in games where the only thing that does not control the players is the goalkeeper.
    • Modes of play. Fifa 09 will include gameplay "Become a professional" where it may play a maximum of 4 seasons to ensure that your player is a legend.

Licenses. As is customary Fife 09 have official licenses of the best leagues.

PES creator would "seriously" consider FIFA engine

PES creator Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka said he'd "seriously" think about using EA's FIFA engine, if the company offered Konami the chance to use.

"I would think about it really seriously because I still believe that EA's engine and animation is really superb, very good," he said in an interview with CVG.

It's all hypothetical of course, but does open up the opportunity for Takatsuka to complement EA's tech...

"The modelling of the characters is perhaps not really to my taste actually, so I might not take that part, but seriously I think their engine and their motion style is really great," Seabass added.

Whilst on the subject of FIFA, the PES creator said he was glad that hardcore fans know that Konami got the stat-based "Become a Legend" mode first, which is now one of the boasted features in FIFA 09.

"That's one of my biggest regrets that we didn't get the Fantasista mode [from Japanese version Winning Eleven] into PES and introduced to Europe," he said. "However you do encourage me and it's good that people like yourselves know that our Fantasista mode was earlier than FIFA's Become a Legend."

I prefer FIFA is you ask me. They're just so much more involved in perfecting the sim to reality, while PES is just playing catch up.
    Last edited by Yashk; 18-10-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Dont give other site article or review link in this forum

Pro Evo kicks FIFA off the UK top spot

The latest UK all-formats chart has been released, and it will no doubt put a smile on Konami's face. The publisher's latest entry in its annual football franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, has entered at number one just days after its release. It has also knocked archrival FIFA 09, published by EA Sports, off of the top of the charts. Although Chart-Track does not reveal numbers sold, the sales-tracking body did reveal that this week saw a 54 percent drop in sales for FIFA, which slid into the number two slot.

THQ's Saints Row 2 has entered the chart at number three and, according to Chart-Track, has seen about three-quarters of its sales on the Xbox 360 format and a quarter on Sony's PlayStation 3. For Pro Evolution Soccer 2009, the opposite was true: Chart-Track reports that 58 percent of its UK sales were for the PS3, 40 percent for the Xbox 360, and 2 percent for the PC.

The Wii continues to hold its own in the all-formats chart, with Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Play hanging on in fifth, sixth, and eighth position respectively. The multiplatform Lego Batman is still riding high for Warner Bros and Traveller's Tales at number four, and the top 10 is rounded out by Tiger Woods PGA Tour 09 and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway at 9 and 10 respectively.