Thread: No Solid SNAKE IN Metal Gear Solid 5 !

No Solid SNAKE IN Metal Gear Solid 5 !

MGS4 producer Ryan Payton that Metal Gear Solid 5 may be a prequel.In an interview with 1up Payton explained: "There are some misunderstandings that this is the final Metal Gear game. But it's really the final chapter of the Solid Snake story. That's all."

Payton continued, "I'm happy we could wrap up Snake's story in MGS4. If we continue on with Metal Gear Solid 5 with more Solid Snake adventures, we'll get to the point where the game has absolutely no basis in reality.. He's had four or five really big missions, and that seems a little more realistic to me."

Payton also discussed the shift in game design in Metal Gear Solid 4 and whether or not Japanese developers should be moving toward a more western style of game design. "If other Japanese publishers want to improve their controls, I wouldn't say they need to adopt western ideas, but rather that they simply need to improve them," Payton said. Later he added, "Most Japanese development studios have producers who came up through the ranks over the course of fifteen years or so, which encourages a xenophobic atmosphere, because, outside of E3 or GDC, they haven't branched out to foreign countries."

There is No Solid SNAKE IN Metal Gear Solid 5 & No Ryan Payton

Kojima may 'have to' return for Metal Gear Solid 5

Having celebrated his 45th birthday on Sunday (happy birthday!), Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima has again spoken on the trickiness of leaving the series despite his strong desire to get on with new ventures.

Speaking with Kikizo, Kojima likens his on-again, off-again relationship with the series' director's chair to that of famed Japanese anime director Hayao Miyazaki. "It's like when [he] says he is not going to do more [movies], and then always ends up doing [them]. I think I am kind of in a similar situation," said Kojima, adding, "I have ideas other than Metal Gear, and I want to go on to make other new games, but for political, business or technology reasons, there is always a time when I have to return."

Don't take that to mean "as director," though. "I would like to pass on the Metal Gear series to younger staff members, and then go on to produce the title, and not be so attached to it," he confided. Given his involvement as co-writer of MGS3 and co-writer / co-director of MGS4, Shuyo Murata – director of Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner – is currently tipped as Kojima's pick to take the reins of MGS5.

Kojima evokes Metal Gear Solid 5

In an excellent interview with some colleagues from 1UP, Hideo Kojima discusses the development difficult for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots, Konami's policy on gambling online and just on matters of geopolitics. And when it comes to the future of the Metal Gear series:

"I have three concepts for AMS 5. The ideal for me is that we do not choose any of the three. If a team takes these concepts, I must investigate in the draft again, which I do not want. They both have good ideas in the team that we could select and would be really good. I really on them at this level for myself to be the producer of the game, which would be the ideal situation, in my opinion. "

It is therefore something to be confident when we know the creative potential of the master Kojima ...