Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ryse: Son of Rome crashes while playing campaign

Video Games

Old 13-10-2014

Ryse: Son of Rome crashes while playing campaign

I have recently purchased this new title Ryse: Son of Rome game from Steam. I have a high end computer that can run this game on ultra settings without any issues. After the successful installation of this game on my pc I was able to play online but when I am clicking on Campaign then the game crashes when the cut scenes start. I have all the latest graphics drivers installed in my machine, so can anyone tell me how do I resolve this issue? Thanks

Old 14-10-2014

Re: Ryse: Son of Rome crashes while playing campaign

Incase the game is freezing or crashing for you after the campaign intro video then you should try to roll back the graphics drivers. This problem especially happens with the AMD users and you will need to revert back the 14.4 Catalyst drivers and see if that works. You should also try to turn all graphics options to low or off and play at low resolution also if possible, even if you have a high end computer. This problem is related to either the graphics driver or the game itself.
Old 15-10-2014

Well, you should try to set everything on low, play the game on windowed mode if possible. You should also try to repair install the game through Steam. There was some user who was having some similar trouble with this game where his game was freezing at a cut scene where the pillar falls. So to solve this issue he moved the videospak3 file from the game installation folder and now there was no freezing for him. So, it definitely seems like there are some corrupt video files in the game which needs to be replaced in a patch.
Old 15-10-2014

Maybe you could save your game on the computer, reinstall the game and backup your game.
Old 16-10-2014

Try to verify the game cache and see if that works:
  • Load Steam
  • From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
  • Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
  • Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  • Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
Source: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , , , ,