Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-09-2014

Fable Anniversary game crashes on my pc

Is Lionhead, the developer of Fable Anniverysary game, going to release a patch for for the crashing at startup before you get into the game menu. Other times if I am trying to lauch the game then it will continuously start to crash no matter what? Sometimes it will start, once in a blue moon, but will immediately freeze on the game menu? I have got all the latest graphics and other drivers installed on my pc and all other games are running fine as well. So can anyone tell me how do I solve this crashing problem? Thanks
Old 16-09-2014

Re: Fable Anniversary game crashes on my pc

Can you tell us what graphics card model are you using on your system? Incase you are using a Nvidia card then you will have to look at your settings and make sure that the game is set to prefer your video card instead of the onboard graphics of your motherboard. After changing this setting it will also help you out from the stuttering problem. To do that, go to control panel for Nvidia Control Panel icon and then under Manage 3D settings tab, you need to choose Program Settings and look for Fable Anniversary, thats it.
Old 17-09-2014

There was a solution given by some user on another website for this crashing issue. You might have to make a new Windows user and then play this Fable Anniversary game from there. It was working for some people so try it and see if it works for you as well. On another note, some user said that the game works after you restart the Steam client again because Steam needs to prevent you from validating the files when a game is running, so try both these methods and see if anything helps.
Old 18-09-2014

Try to verify the game cache and see if that works:
  1. Completely exit Steam
  2. Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
  3. Select "Run as Administrator"
  4. Launch Steam again and continue to the section of this article titled "Verify integrity of game cache"
If still this doesnt work then wait for a patch from the developer or else email them for a refund.

TechArena Community > Technology > Video Games
Tags: , ,