Thread: Metro 2033 Redux crashes after intro video

Metro 2033 Redux crashes after intro video

I had pre-ordered the Metro 2033 Redux from Steam and today I was finally able to play this game. The game is launching fine but after the first intro video Metro 2033 Redux crashes to desktop with no error messages. No matter how many times I play the cutscene or skip it, it will simply crash to desktop. I have the latest graphics driver installed in my system and all other games are working fine, so it surely seems to be a problem with the game itself. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: Metro 2033 Redux crashes after intro video

Even I am facing the same problem and when I went into my Even Log then it was giving some error related to "ATI EEU Client has failed to start". I also got a box where it was saying to Run in safe mode when I launched the game second time but that didnt solve the case either. I am using the AMD card and it seems that many AMD graphics card owners are suffering from this issue. This is definitely a game bug rather than a video card issue for sure. The developers need to fix this asap.

Have you tried to verify the game cache and checked if that works:
    1. Completely exit Steam
    2. Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
    3. Select "Run as Administrator"
    4. Launch Steam again and continue to the section of this article titled "Verify integrity of game cache"

More information is here - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

It's apparently a worldwide problem related to certain CPU's

This issue affects processors without support for SSE4.1

Even I was facing this same problem where this Metro Redux game was crashing to desktop soon after the end of the first intro video. After a lot of digging I finally found a solution for this issue. The fix was to simply edit the resolution in the user.cfg file which was set to 1920x1080 but my max resolution was only 1366x768 so I changed it to my resolution in the same configuration file. Check the example shown below:
    Code:
      r_res_hor 1366
         r_res_vert 768

Nope, still not working this side, no matter what I change that resolution too

Quote Originally Posted by JIGSAW_JIGGY View Post
    Nope, still not working this side, no matter what I change that resolution too
    There was a solution given on the Steam website. You need to delete the legal.ogv file that you can easily find in this folder - Steam/steamapps/common/Metro 2033 Redux/2033. Just try to replace the file with a blank .txt file and rename it as legal.ogv file.