Thread: King's Bounty: Dark Side game crashes after update

King's Bounty: Dark Side game crashes after update

Last month I installed King's Bounty: Dark Side on my computer and it was working fine at that time. Yesterday this game updated to 1.5.974.1703 from 1.5.966.1699 and ever since then if I am trying to teleport to Arlana then this game will crash. I dont know how to revert back the update so that I can play this game normally? Does anyone have any idea how do I revert back to the original game without the update? Or is there anye other method to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: King's Bounty: Dark Side game crashes after update

I was having the same problem so i reloaded an old saved game for playing the game. After that there was no crash but I still do not know whether reloading any old saved game would run in the older binary or does it really run in the updated one. I am thinking that it could be possible that it is running in the updated one since keeping the old saves linked to their proper binaries will be a problem. So, you can try this method and see if it works for you as well.

Well, can you try to lower the graphics settings in-game and see if that works. Also try to de-activate shadows, V-sync and anti-aliasing. With this effects turned off, you will get a lower gameplay graphics but still the game would run decently on your pc. Also, can you try to attach the log files of this game here, you can easily find the log files of this game from this location - C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Kings Bounty The Dark Side\game.log. We will check what error it is giving.

Have you tried to verify the game cache and checked if that worked. To do the same follow the below steps:
    1. Completely exit Steam
    2. Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch Steam
    3. Select "Run as Administrator"
    4. Launch Steam again and continue to the section of this article titled "Verify integrity of game cache"

More information is given on this link - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335