Thread: Divinity: Original Sin crashes while bartering

Divinity: Original Sin crashes while bartering

After installing the Divinity: Original Sin in my pc, there is no problem launching and playing the game. But I have noticed that if I barter with certain NPCS then the game crashes all of a sudden. This is where you meet the 2 men before the fight with the orcs begins. I have already tried to restart the game and play it again but at the same place the crash occurs. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Divinity: Original Sin crashes while bartering

I am too facing this same problem. The game crashes to desktop when I am spending more than a minutes in bartering. I have found that if we save before we try and trade with someone then it works as a temporary fix, other than that our only chance is to wait for a patch to get this bug solved. There are also some people who are not having this issue at all and I dont know whether the developers of this game know about this bug or not. Where can we submit this bug so that the developers can look into it?

I have found that this problem usually happens on my computer if I am trying to remove something from trade by double clicking on it. But if I am using the drag and drop method then the game wont crash at all. But seriously though, I am facing too many crash to desktop because of this bug. In the multiplayer also I am getting too many CTD's while playing. This was happening mainly around town and at random times lie walking to a place or browsing the inventory. Hope that a patch releases soon to fix this issue.

Can you try to go into the folder where ecoapp is placed in your Steam location for the game and then run it as an administrator. Also try to ensure that you have all your antivirus programs turned off. If this doesnt work then try to verify the game cache and see if that works. To do that exit Steam completely and then launch it in admin mode. After that go to Library and find the game and right click on it and choose Properties. After that click on the Verify the cache button and then wait for sometime to finish the process.